The living environment at Sunshine Village fosters the feeling of being safe at home. This environment significantly enhances the quality of life of the individual in need of memory care. Each of our seven ranch style homes is connected with a winding, circular walking path landscaped with lush green grass, shaded areas, and accented with desert plants and raised gardening beds planted with the season's best annuals and perennials. Residents are encouraged to stroll the environment for the benefits of fresh air and exercise without the worry of wandering outside of the safety and security of the premises.
Daily life includes activities that engage fine motor skills and high cognitive stimulation through social interaction, games, exercise, relaxation and leisure. Each residential cottage is clustered according to similar abilities. Sunshine Village plans the activities of each group geared towards their particular needs, interests, and abilities. Residents are provided with respect, dignity, and grace as their lives and self-esteem are enhanced. Our philosophy is that each and every interaction is an important connection.
In addition, Sunshine Village also features the following:
- Seven distinct households serving approximately 12 individuals in each home, with all levels of directed care
- 24 hour professionally trained staff
- Memory Care programming encourages engagement and purposeful activity
- Dementia and difficult behavior specific activity programs
- Medication Management
- Assistance with personal hygiene and daily routines
- Frequent wellness assessments and diet monitoring
- High ratio of caregivers to residents to provide personalized care and to build connections with each individual
- Continued focus on each individual's strengths, accomplishments, and preferences
- Family interaction and participation supported through programs, technology, and social media
- Secured garden and courtyard with walking path and raised garden beds
- Housekeeping & linen service, including towels
Clubhouse – the scene to many of our community events and activities, it also serves the perfect place to host visits from family and friends, enjoy chess or a lively game of cards, or simply enjoy some quiet time reading.
Terraces & Courtyards – Our beautifully landscaped and maintained outdoor spaces serve as inviting settings for entertaining, relaxation, casual strolls, and catching a few rays. All with ample shade.
There is always something happening at Sunshine Village. From live entertainment to yoga, art classes, to religious services and more, there is never a dull moment!
The experience of dining in our intimate dining areas in each cottage provide opportunities for social interaction, while nourishing the body and replenishing energy. Sunshine Village believes in and provides each resident with:
- Mealtimes that provide dementia-friendly foods, along with familiar foods to enhance the mealtime experience.
- Snacks in-between meals are provided to insure diets and intakes are maintained.
- The dining areas in each cottage are set up for a pleasing experience that maintains dignity and involves familiarity and socialization through the use of conversation, pleasing table settings and soft background music.